Donation Center Attendant
1000 Rivergate Parkway Goodlettsville TN
To apply, click here
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make a substantial impact on family focused, Christian ministries? America’s Thrift Stores is recruiting Community Donation Center Attendants for our collection programs. Our search is focused on people with great customer service skills, combined with a great work ethic and a passion for helping people. Successful candidates will drive increased donations by maintaining collection sites for operational excellence. We are recruiting outgoing self-starters, who are results-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine their passion for business with a chance to give back to their communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with donors to accept and process donations at trailer sites in an outdoor setting
- Ability to build safe and efficient trailer loads of donations according to company operational standards
- Help sustain and maintain donation trailer site and donation boxes for donation collections
- Maintain clean and orderly donation sites based on company operational standards
- Work safely and efficiently in loading and unloading trailers and donation boxes
- Possess the ability to regularly work in the heat, the cold and in wet weather conditions
- Provide outstanding customer service to all donors and customers
- Communicate an awareness of our mission and goals to our donors and customers
- Maintain relationships with donors, site owners, and the general public
- Other duties as may be assigned by management
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screening.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a Team Player.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Capable of bending, stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs and ramps frequently.
- Able to accurately keep records and communicate donations progress daily.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle multiple activities at one time.
- Naturally mission driven, guided by core values.
- Must have reliable and accessible transportation.
- Experience working in a community outreach program or organization is a plus.
High School Diploma preferred; GED or equivalent work experience acceptable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.